Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wardrobe for Preschool

Our preschool had a really nice dresser to put our play clothes in.  The problem was that everything just got shoved in there at clean up time.  When we went to clean it out and organize the drawers, we found a lot of things that we had been searching for for a very long time!   

This project was fun, because it turned out cute and because I got to use TOOLS!!  The dresser had really nice rolling drawers.  In between each drawer was a wooden separator rod.  I took the hammer and did some damage!  After the drawers were removed (I saved them for another project down the road), I lined the dresser with shelf liner from the dollar store.  We had a shower curtain bar from I don't know where, so I put that in there.


We needed a way to organize all of the little things that are kept in our dress up center.  I was at a garage sale, and these cute little drawer organizers were 25 cents!!  I covered them with shelf paper, too.  Then I organized all of our different collections of dress up things.  I took these pictures and had them developed into wallet sized photos on Costco.com.  We taped them inside the drawers so that the children would know how to put everything away on their own.

What do you think?  The children hang up their own things to get manipulative experience.  They are really proud of themselves for keeping it neat and organized.  




No comments:

Post a Comment