Monday, February 27, 2012

Home Made Bread Every Day the Easy Way!


 


I came across an article one day on how easy it was to make Artisan bread.  It came with a recipe, and I tried it.  The article is here: Article for Bread in Five Minutes a Day

It was wonderful!  I had fresh bread for four days in a row!  Then I had to whip up a new batch.  At the same time I ordered the book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day on Amazon.com.


 




 Oh, my!  I've tried wheat bread, bagels, pita bread, white bread, sandwich bread, cheddar bread...They are all wonderful, and I won't stop until I've tried them all. 

As far as the food program goes, a loaf is a quarter of the recipe, so it would be one and a half cups of flour.  Each loaf would serve 28 1 to 5 year olds a serving of bread. 

I really enjoy serving homemade bread to my childcare children.  I know exactly whats in it.  I like our families knowing that their children are getting food that was made for them without bogus unpronounceable ingredients.  It has become somewhat of an obsession with me, because for New Year's this year, I committed to all homemade bread products - including noodles.  What types of foods do you serve?  I would really love some new ideas and look forward to sharing some of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment