Monday, February 27, 2012

Quick, Easy, Filling cookie for Snack


Chocolate No Bake Cookies are a favorite of mine, but not one I indulge in very often!  I always forget about these little gems, until I get a massive craving for them.  The things that I like about these cookies are that:

1)     They taste great
2)  They are filling
3)  The following recipes is for 30 servings for a 1 - 5 year old!
 

This recipe is from Cooks.com.

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup peanut butter

Combine sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk in a saucepan.  On medium heat, bring to a boil for one full minute.
Remove from heat.   Stir in peanut butter (optional), vanilla, and oatmeal.
Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.  Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
I used one of these instead of wax paper: 
It is a silicone mat from Fox Run that I found at Amazon.com.  They are amazing and I use them for everything sticky or gooey!


No comments:

Post a Comment